Saturday, April 30, 2005

Events!

Darling Lovers of Poetry,

It has been eventful lately! I was a featured guest at Barnes and Noble's "Poetry Extravaganza" on April 28th. Leading the event was Kay Day, author of "A Poetry Break" and "Killing Earl", and other books. Kay is a leader in the Jacksonville community, drawing poets together in what I can only describe as a very literate sharefest. The audience was kind, and Whitney, the CRM at B&N made us all feel welcome!

I will be signing books at the Bluffton Festival on Calhoun Street on May 7th, along with Kendall Bell, author of "From the Heart" and "From the Heart 2". Bluffton is located just outside Hilton Head, South Carolina, so stop by if you are in the 'hood!

I am looking forward to the Coastal Carolina Writers' Retreat on May 20-22 at Palm Key, an enchanting nature retreat just outside Hilton Head. Writers, publicists, agents, and guests can choose from 24 different workshops on a variety of subjects all about the creative aspects of writing as well as many talks about the business side of writing.

And speaking of the business side of writing, it is a necessary evil. Writing is the fun part. I found out on April 21 that my publisher, Coastal Villages Press, is closing its doors. I have now signed with Low Tide Press, and plan to re-release The World: Poetic Connections in July, with a brand new cover, and quotes from various authors on the rear cover. Gravity is finished and in editing now, with a September release, or possibly a March, 2006 release.

Say a prayer for this poet! With all the change going on in my world, I am still writing.

As the Monty Python crowd would say, "I'm not dead yet!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home